Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ira doing addition

Ira has been doing mental calculations since K1. He just enjoys numbers. He loves doing oral exercises in Math. He can add 1 digit numbers in K1 (eg. 2+2). Then he progressed to adding 1 digit and 2 digit numbers (eg. 10+2). Then he was introduced to subtraction in school and I followed through at home. He seems have a good idea of how simple addition and subtraction works.

He is currently experimenting on 2 digit and 3 digit numbers (eg. 10+10, 20+10, 100+5, 100+30, and the likes).

Yesterday I made him do some addition exercises on paper. I wanted to test if he would be interested in doing math worksheets. I've written 10 addition problems for him to do. He was able to finish it in a minute! So I added a few more addition problems. When he was done he said he still wants to do more and he wrote his own addition problems and answered there as well.

Here is a copy of his first Math addition worksheet. I thought it was a very good start.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, as your questions, share parenting tips and tricks, a book title or two.

 

milestone moments | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL