Monday, March 7, 2011

Instructions from the Little Boss

Last night, I told Ira (more like reminded him) that he is not going to take the school bus home. I am supposed to pick him up after dismissal, have lunch, and then go with Kelvin's class on his learning journey to Silver Centre in Toa Payoh. 

We discussed where I am going to meet him. I told him I will meet him at the side gate, which is closer to the main building. He was not that much aware yet of the "names" of the gates. We were trying to figure out how it will be easy for him to see me. After much deliberation, and still not clear on where we were going to meet, he put his palm on his forehead with an almost devastated look (like he just lost a $10M dollar business deal) and said, "You should have told me earlier." I said why. He said, "So I know where I am going to meet you."

After a few minutes, he asked me for a paper, took a pencil and started drawing. He said, "This is Montfort (while drawing a big square on the paper), and here is the gate (a smaller square marked by a cross). Then here (a circle emphasized by a few dots) is where Lyle waits for his mummy. I am going to meet you here, ok?" If that is not clear enough, I don't know what is! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, as your questions, share parenting tips and tricks, a book title or two.

 

milestone moments | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL