Saturday, November 14, 2015

Revisiting Chinatown

It's been a while since I've been to Chinatown. I love coming here for the shops, the food and the ambience. Chinatown is one of the most popular areas in Singapore which attracts thousands if not millions of visitors (both local and foreign) every year. It was nice to be able to come here again after some time. 

I find Chinatown very entertaining. Immediately after you exit the mrt station leading to Pagoda Street you'll see the lanterns which is almost synonymous to any Chinatown in the world. Then there are the endless shops along the street plus some food stalls here and there. It can be quite hot coming here in the morning till late afternoon but I find that tolerable since I usually prefer to wear walking shorts and sleeveless top when coming here. Comfy clothed and footwear makes one comfy shopping and strolling experience. 

Walking from shop to shop always gives me this inexplicably happy feeling. Just looking at variety of trinkets they sell excites me. And since i haven't been here for some time there were a lot of new Singapore souvenir items to feast my eyes on. I was like a little girl in a candy shop. It gave me an exhilarating feeling. Even more so when I find a shop with very accommodating sellers (esp when they give me special discounts). That's not always the experience in Chinatown though as some tourists and friends could attest to. There are pushy sellers and there are those who totally ignore you once they sense you're not 100% going to buy anything from their shops. I dislike those kinds of sellers. They shouldn't shouldn't be in the retail business with that kind of attitude.


Anyway, my experience in Chinatown today was a very pleasant one. I came across very nice sellers who entertained my every request and patiently answered my every question. And the best of it all was that I got good quality items from their shops on top of the quality customer service they rendered.

Mission accomplished!

And I can't wait to go back to Chinatown again. Maybe for some makan (eating) session next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, as your questions, share parenting tips and tricks, a book title or two.

 

milestone moments | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL