Friday, February 26, 2010

Squid Adobo

I am not really a "kitchen-friendly" kind of mom. I do cook but only simple recipes.

In celebration of lent, I cooked up one of the easiest recipes I learned (which is not frying) - Squid Adobo (sauteed in soy sauce). I got the details from my cousin sometime ago. She was once like me knows nothing much in the kitchen but is now a full-blown experimental cook.

Ingredients:
half a kilo squid (cleaned)
some garlic, sliced
some onions, sliced
pepper
soy sauce

Steps:
1. Saute the garlic and the onions.
2. Mix in the squid until a bit whitish in color (meaning it's already a bit cooked).
3. Simmer for a minute or two.
4. Add in soy sauce and pepper.
5. Simmer for another minute. Take note not to leave it cooking for too long as the squid will become chewy (good tip from my cousin).
6. Serve while it's hot.

just mixed the squid with the onions and garlic

added soy sauce  

This recipe is most of the times a sell-out to my family (aside from once or twice when the squid got overcooked and became too chewy for Kelvin).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, as your questions, share parenting tips and tricks, a book title or two.

 

milestone moments | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL