Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pope Francis visits the Phillipines

“If He asks much of you, it is because He knows you can give much.” - Pope John Paul II

As Catholics in the Philippines (and Filipinos all over the world) welcome Pope Francis, we unearthed this memento I got from the last time a Pope (John Paul II) visited the country. Ira got this from my stash of papers as we were revising his spelling list few hours ago. Coincidence?

I didn't get the chance to see the Pope in person then in 1995. This was the closest I could get to experiencing his presense, having a part of him with me all those years. This year, I also didn't get the chance to be close to Pope Francis but with the media coverage and thousands if not millions of people taking personal snapshots and videos of his every move it feels like I'm also there with them closer to him.

Our dear Pope Francis, may you have a safe and fruitful visit to our country. May you give hope to those in despair. May you continue to pray for us and bless us all.

Tonight, I leave you with this quote from Pope Francis:
"The perfect family doesn't exist, nor is there a perfect husband or a perfect wife, and let's not talk about the perfect mother-in-law! It's just us sinners." A healthy family life requires frequent use of three phrases: "May I? Thank you, and I'm sorry" and "never, never, never end the day without making peace." (Meeting with engaged couples, Feb. 14, 2014).
These two quotations remind me to face my troubles with faith - in myself and in God - and to be respectful, grateful, humble and forgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments, as your questions, share parenting tips and tricks, a book title or two.

 

milestone moments | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL